Saturday, November 25, 2006

He had a plan the whole time!

I just want to take a minute and tell you a story. God has just given me a major answer to prayer.

For the last year or so I have been praying for a new truck. My old S-10 was getting ready to take a dirt nap, and I am woefully short in the realm of folding money. I knew that it was going to take divine intervention to make something happen since we are in the middle of trying to get out of debt as it is. We simply did not have the wiggle room to make a payment.

Well, as time went on things were not happening and I thought maybe I was trying to put a limit on what I would accept from Him because I wanted a Chevy! Hey, can you blame me? Anyway I realized that I was letting my own personal desires get in the way of what God might have in store for me and I finally broke down and said that if He wanted me to have something other than a Chevy then who am I to complain about a gift from God?

Time continued to go by and I had an opportunity to bid on some retired work trucks at the gas plant where my Dad works. I bid on three of them and felt quite sure that I was going to win one of them because they were all Ford trucks and God was going to answer my prayer for a truck because I was willing to praise Him for whatever He gave me. Bids went in and were tallied and I did not win.

I was a bit confused, but I just took a minute and prayed and told God that it was OK. I figured that He wanted me to continue to trust Him that my old truck would just keep running until I could get something else or He would provide another way. I started to get ready to put old Black Beauty back on the road.

This past Tuesday my Dad called and asked if I would like to go look at a 1997 Chevy Blazer. I went and after the test drive he asked me what I thought of it. I figured he was going to give me a loan for it and I would pay him back. It was a bit scary because it was more than I thought I would be able to pay off in a short period of time. I told him it would take me a while to pay him back, and then he told me that he was going to buy it for me. You could have knocked me over with a feather! I now have a really nice Blazer that should last me several years, and it didn't cost me anything!

I see now that God had a plan the entire time. I fight with pride quite a bit, and I like to have things the way I want them. There were a lot of times that I wanted to just chuck the whole thing and go buy something and worry about the rest of it later, but God had a plan. He wanted me to learn to rely on Him and be willing to be happy for what I am given. I can honestly say that this gift from my Dad means more to me than anything I have been given by him before. The reason is that I know it was a gift from God and that He used my Dad to do it. I think the best part of it is that at the end of it all I was able to have a Chevy!

So, I will try to post a picture of it later. Things are a little busy right now. Signing off for today!

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Great story -- I'm glad you shared it here on your blog.

Email if you want and let me know what's up that you can't put on the blog (another post you had)

Take care and waiting for the Christmas pic of the kids and you and your beautiful wife!

Miss ya all. Love, Debbie