Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Home - Playing Hookey

Well, today I am not going to work! Jessica woke us up at about 4:00am by worshipping at the porcelain altar. Tammi was scheduled to work today, and she was going to be running the clinic by herself, so Dad stays home! I like having the day off, but tomorrow is going to be a rough day now. Oh, well, what am I supposed to do? I know Tammi would rather be home, so we will just soldier on and everything will work out in the end.

I will take a moment to give a movie review here. Make no mistake, I love NASCAR. I would even go so far as to say that up until this morning there was nothing NASCAR that I did not like (with the exception of NBC's NASCAR coverage). This morning I finally had the misopportunity to watch Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby. This movie made Ishtar look like an Academy award winner. It was painfully bad. I had been told that you would either love it or hate it, b ut this flick took crap to a whole new low. There, my soul has been cleansed.

Well, old Blaze needs a gas tank repair. She has been hemmorhaging something fierce, and besides the fact that it is not very safe to have a leaking gas tank, it is getting pretty expensive. She can drain a 1/4 tank overnight. So, she sits for now until I can have a little warmer weather to remove and repair the offending tank. Keep her and my wallet in your prayers!

Other than that, the only major thing going on in my life is church. As always there are ups & downs there. We are nearing the end of our study in James in our Sunday School class, and it has been very good - for me at least. Sometime I am not sure if anyone else gets anything out of it. We are going to do a study on Nehemiah next. I have been listening to a sermon series onthe book, and it has really challenged me in a lot of ways to be a better husband, parent, person, teacher, friend, & a whole lot more. I highly recommend it!

Well, take care of yourselves - the three of you that have replied! I hope your day goes well, and until I blog again - adieu.

3 comments:

A Typical Matt Love said...

I'm sure you're a nice guy, but if I may ask, what's wrong with you? Let me give you a little tip - if you want an easy way to say a movie is bad (and I'm sure you do, it doesn't seem like mental heavy lifting is on your "to do" list), don't drag the name "Isthar" into the discussion.

Ishtar is a great movie, and more and more people are catching on to that fact… your comment demonstrates that you are one of those people who isn't keeping up with the times… too bad for you, you're missing out on the fun, and nothing is sadder than a hipster past pull date.

With the documentary film on the way, and perhaps a DVD release in the US (lucky Europeans have had one for years) … this is going to be a great year for Ishtar!

http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/ILoveIshtar/
http://www.waitingforishtar.com/
http://www.ishtarthemovie.com/

Have a nice day!

Debbie said...

I'm not as elegant with words as some, but here it goes:

Hey Icepac --- everybody has different interests when it comes to movies and books (and other things) and we all have the right to express our opinions. If you don't like what is said about something you LOVE on a blog, then don't read it! If we don't care for Ishtar, then we won't bother to go to the links you mentioned. (I won't be bothering with them myself!) Oh well ... that is life, we are all different and loving it. Life would be too boring if we all liked/disliked the same things.

A Typical Matt Love said...

There are a lot of Ishtar fans that think they are alone - it's a little bit like being a gay or a liberal. If one should happen upon your blog who does like Ishtar, they can follow my links. That way they have a choice, which is the American way. If you don't like what I have to say, you can remove it with the click of a button. If you are on the side of the terrorists.